Things to Bring to Your Appointment
- State Photo ID
- Insurance card or copy of motor vehicle insurance (if applicable).
Spine Procedure Patient Instructions
Patient instructions to follow prior to having a Spine Procedure in our office.
- STOP aspirin or aspirin containing products 7 days prior to procedure.
- STOP anti-infammatories 3 days prior to procedure.
- If you are taking Coumadin or Heparin, please call your prescribing doctor or our nursing advice line.
- DO NOT STOP your heart, blood pressure or lung medications. Bring your asthma inhalers with you.
- If in doubt of what your current medication may contain, call your pharmacist or our office.
- If you are diabetic or hypoglycemic, your appointment should be scheduled before 10:00 AM.
- If you start getting symptoms of a cold, flu or are currently being treated for an infection, call our office immediately.
- You must fast 6 hours prior to procedure. Sips of water may be taken with medication.
- No alcoholic beverages the night before or day of the procedure.
- Please shower using Phisoderm or Hibaclens the morning of the procedure. (These products are over-the-counter skin cleaning products.)
- If having a cervical procedure, MEN should be clean-shaven from chin to neck.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Please wear underwear.
- DO NOT wear any jewelry.
Note: If you have previously been instructed by us, have a driver take you home. If you are taking a cab, you still need to bring someone to accompany you after the procedure. (The cab driver is not considered a companion.)